We are acting like school children here at Gluten Free Foods.
We cannot stop baking our easy peasy gluten free cupcakes just so that we can top them with our new gluten free Cake Sprinkles!
With 3 variations to choose from- including glittery and chocolatey ones- we now need to find as many opportunities as possible to show off our gluten free delicious treats!
You can join in too! Just make a batch of these easy gluten free Vanilla Cupcakes, top with icing and sprinkle them all over!
- 110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g/4oz Barkat gluten free flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Gluten Free Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Spread with icing
- Now for the fun bit- cover with as many sparkles as you'd like!